Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blog guru

One of the things that inspired me to start this blog was reading the website of one Glyn Watkins. How Glyn and I stumbled across each other is a long story and doesn’t need repeating here, but the upshot is that I kept checking out his website from time to time, and gradually found myself addicted to his blog (“might as well face it, you’re addicted to blog”, as the song goes. Sort of.)

Glyn faces the same kind of problems as me, only worse. He’s a poet, and it’s even harder to get poetry published than children’s fiction. So I have followed the ups and downs of his career over the last year or so with interest. Check out his site and have a read of his blog. It’s a marvellous mix of philosophy, humour, wildlife observations, and stream-of-consciousness rambling (some of the best posts are written when he is the worse for beer). Oh, and buy his books. All of them. Or you’ll have me to answer to.

You too might find yourself sucked in to a world of meat pie floaters and Hayseed Dixie…

No comments: