Monday, September 17, 2007

'All good bookshops...'

First of all, the big news is that The Gooey, Chewy, Rumble, Plop Book is now out, and seems to be doing well. I have not yet got over the thrill of being able to walk into any High Street bookshop and see it on the shelves. Without having to order it first! And the early reviews seem to be glowing, to say the least. Check this one out, for a start. Work is well under way on the second book in the series, but its going to be tough to top the first one – congrats to the rest of the creative team, Sally, Nick and Keith, who did such a good job.

Secondly, I mentioned an exciting non-writing project in my previous post. Well, it’s taken longer than planned to get it off the ground, and it still isn’t complete, but my wife and I now have a photography website – Kattegat Gallery – up and running. I’ll do some more active publicity once all the pages are complete. We've had a lot of success selling cards and prints from our photos locally, so we thought we would branch out and see if there's a wider market. Fingers crossed...

No comments: