Two blog entries on one day – I’m on fire!
I was Googling my own name (‘How vain!’, I hear you cry. Well, I wanted to see if this blog was being picked up yet*. Honest.) and came across some alarming results. Seems the Steve Altons of the world are not faring well. One chap of the same name has been diagnosed with a pituitary gland tumor (sic) and another has recently had a tumour the size and shape of ‘two conjoined golf balls’ removed from his brain.
I’m getting nervous. Bad things come in threes?
But the point I wanted to make (there is a point, just be patient) is that there are a lot of Google results coming up that refer to giant sharks. That’s because people are forever getting me mixed up with Steve Alten, author of ‘Meg’, a tale of a giant prehistoric fishy on the rampage.
So if you came to this page, or any of my others, hoping for shark-related fun, please check your spelling. Poor chap – perhaps he should change his name. He must get mountains of fan-mail intended for me…
Steve (Alton. With an 'o'. Nothing to do with sharks. Oh, no. Not me.)
* No, it isn’t.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment