I have sadly been laid up with a bad back for the last three weeks, the final week being spent at home on my doctor’s recommendation. Astonishingly painful, but a good excuse to be at home for a week, during which I finished the transformation of my shed into an office.
Yes! I have an office! Of my very own!
Ahem. Sorry. Bit excited about it.
Many thanks to Steve of TABS Electrical. Uckfield, for doing a fantastic job of the wiring. Not only did he do a good job, he was punctual, friendly and reasonably priced. And anticipated my needs without me asking (ie. compensating for me blowing the place up by overloading all the sockets with gadgets).
The final hiccup was setting up wireless broadband, which had me foxed for a while. Fortunately, a friend of mine (hi, Graham!) specialises in networks for offices, and he sorted me out in a matter of minutes, leaving me to feel like a total n00b, if you will excuse my leet.
So 'tis done, apart from a lot of tidying up. I sat down for the first time last night at my new desk, turned on my twin monitors and began tapping away.
No excuse now for not writing.
Ooops. Scary.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
At least in there you can shed your inhibitions...
Post a Comment