Monday, December 11, 2006

Blog vs. MySpace

Well, I created this blog and a MySpace page at around the same time, as an experiment. I wanted to see which of these new media was the most useful in terms of networking.

And I think I know the answer...

My worry about this blog has turned out to be justified - look at the date of the last post! I just don't get around to updating this, and not because of lack of material. I've just come back from a trip to New Zealand and New Caledonia, but I haven't found the time to put anything on here. And I'm not sure that many people have noticed. Apart from family and friends, I don't imagine many people stop by, and interaction is pretty limited.

Whereas MySpace always gives the impression of being a much more dynamic medium all together. I've met some very interesting people as a result of MySpace - even met one of them in the flesh - and I receive far more in the way of interactive communication.

So it's pretty clear that so far, MySpace is working for me. I'll try to keep this site going - any significant writing developments will be posted on here - but if you really want to know what I'm up to, head on over to MySpace!

No comments: