Friday, March 28, 2008

Here's a thing

I've been slogging away on a book for several months now, without any great inspiration coming my way. The other night, having just had my PC repaired, I decided to have a look through the 'Documents' folder to see what I might have lost if it hadn't proven fixable. And there I found a synopsis I wrote a couple of years ago, for a book that never got commissioned. I read it through again and thought 'Blimey! That's actually pretty good!' I very rarely come up with a synopsis first, 'preferring' to plough ahead, as with my current project, with little clear idea of where I'm going.

So faced with the choice - carry on with something that isn't really inspiring me at the moment, or flesh out a good story that is already mapped out for me - I've had a drastic change of direction. And it's really exciting! I hope for a flurry of creativity over the coming weeks.

No comments: